Monday, March 20, 2006

Muddling and such...

Sadie has gotten much worse over the past 3-4 days. She has a terrible rattling cough and can't do much of anything without instigating a fit. I took her to the vet this morning to get as much fluid out of her belly as possible so she wouldn't have so much pressure on her little chest.

Remarkably, she's still in good spirits, but the constant coughing over the weekend has exhausted her. I just hate to say goodbye to poor little Boo-Boo.

Since the first anniversary of Daddy's death last month, I have really struggled with serious depression, and watching Sadie slowly slip from us doesn't help. I dread adding yet another grieving period to go through, but I don't think it's far away. I just want to crawl under the covers.

But I keep muddling through. I actually did some painting last night for the first time in a while. It helped me keep my mind off things. I have unfinished paintings everywhere. I think I need to concentrate on getting one of them finished and up on Ebay this week...having a sense of accomplishment would do me some good.

I hate being in slow-motion.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP