Tuesday, January 22, 2008

frogs and poliwogs...

Our patients' transportation was cancelled today because of the icy morning, so I got to spend some time finishing up treatment notes and paperwork...and set up Gherkin's new, and larger, home. Kick, froggie, kick.



Except, she may have a secret, he may be a she...a frog in drag, a swimmer with swimmers, but hey, I didn't pick a unisex name for nothin'. I'm planning to add about 2-3 more African Dwarf frogs...names in the "hopper" include PJ (Pickle Juice), Irkle, Zirkle, Heebie, Jeebie, Hanky, Panky...there are some more, but I can't remember. I seem to spit them out in deuces.

Apparently being a social worker causes your after-work brain to slowly metamorphize into a pile of loose fecal matter. I'm telling you my brain is poo-poo by the time I get home. But I still enjoy it... I just want some more balance after work. It's slowly coming back but I'd like to recover some neurons stat. I never thought it would take this long!! Back to the ice this morning. Poor Pepper stepped out on the patio this morning to run out into the yard to potty and as soon as she zipped out the door, she zipped right down on her bottom like Bambi her first day on the frozen lake. Rather wary, the doggie was afterward... after she addressed her cadence to "gingerly and gently prancing" she made it back in with all limbs intact.

Petey, in his almighty lazy fashion, held it until the temperature was acceptable for paw contact.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP