Friday, July 23, 2004

wah.

I took little Mr. Rooney (a.k.a. Secret Agent Eyebooger) to the vet at lunch and they wanted to keep him for the afternoon to do some testing: feline AIDS, feline leukemia, bloodwork, etc. They're also going to give the poor little guy some prednisone to help with his lousy mouth condition. Rooney has a genetic condition that promotes an immune response to his own teeth. His gums are always raw and the enamel is disappearing from his teeth. Short of having many, many fillings done by a feline dentist-which I would do if I had even half the money-there's nothing we can do but have his teeth professionally cleaned every year. Somehow, he remains the most cheerful cat I've ever met and jumps into the lap of every person who comes into our house.

So, I hope nothing is wrong. My poor little bony boo-boo...he hates going to the vet anyway. I didn't expect to leave him there. I'll pick him up at the end of the day and I've already stopped by the store to buy him a big supply of soft food-no more crunchies for his sore little mouth. He likes Fancy Feast.

:-(

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP