Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Well, that was quick...

I showed up at my new job after a little training, and found that I had no office, no phone, no computer, and no place to sit. Huh? Couldn't they have stuffed a desk in the corner of one of the meeting rooms or something?

It's a growing company and they do NOT have any of their processes down yet. Look, I'll be 45 friggin' years old in January. I know I'm not a seasoned social worker as of yet, but maybe a chair? Maybe a desk that could be shared that is not piled high with papers and charts? I was so disappointed. Constant interruptions in clinical work would have been the norm. I have never quit a job without staying a while, but at this age, I know the score and I was going to be taking Xanax by the end of the week. The gals there were sweet, but it was really going to be miserable for me as a professional.

I've always worked in very mature and professional offices and this was like being in someone's house with people yelling back and forth from the kitchen to the living room. Yes, I know I am spoiled, but I'm too old to be going that far backward. Perhaps my first clue was when I threw up in the middle of the night after my first day. I DO NOT throw up and have NEVER in my life vomited from being emotionally overwrought.

Apparently when I got laid off I had the only good social work job in the city. Maybe I'll just go back to marketing, be bored, and draw an easy paycheck.

3 comments:

Susan K.

Stuff happens. Don't give up...things will work out for you. The Fates have decreed it. And, yes, I'm in close contact with the Fates.

goofy-gal

I'm glad someone is...

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly

Sorry the new job didn't work out. Everything happens for a good reason though. Hang in there!

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP