Tuesday, October 27, 2009

keep it in perspective...

My mom continues to recover nicely from her mastectomy. She is a real trooper and jokes about stuffing her bra. She is starting to miss all the attention (that she said was annoying)she was getting when she was going through the operation and initial recovery.

I tried to take her over to Asheville for a quick trip to the Southeastern Animal and Fiber Festival http://saffsite.org, but alas, a huge rock slide happened about 40 miles out of Asheville that closed down the interstate. We had to scrap our mission. At least I got her out for a trip of sorts. She is very allergic to boredom.

I am still looking for a freakin' job and can't believe I am not working. I got laid off in April! My severance package has ended and the money is gone. Thank goodness my "moonlighting" at the vet school is helping, but I need a real job soon. My motivation has melted into a puddle. You would think I would be all revved up to be Martha Stewart around here, but I just get lazier and lazier...kinda smacks of depression, though I am trying to fend off that dreaded beast. I'm struggling to keep my confidence at a healthy level.

To my credit, I have not smoked a single cigarette since October 6 (I think that's the date...)--a week before my mom's surgery. I still want one and get pretty antsy when I see my husband sneak out with a cigar, but I don't want to have to go through the "quitter's flu" again. I really felt awful for several days.

Poor little Grayson's ashes are finally here at home with us. I miss him and dreamed of him last night. He was so pretty and so sweet. The folks who did the cremation didn't have an urn available with an integrated picture frame, so I took a plain one and will have to figure out how to do that myself.

So, that's where I am at: still unemployed, but thankful my mom is coming along nicely. I could comment on a lot of current events right now, but I think there will be enough of that going on elsewhere. I must remember to have perspective and to remember we have all the time we have.

1 comments:

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly

Glad to hear that your Mom is doing so well. I heard about that rock slide and that it will take about 3 months to clean it up!!

Hang in there on the job search. Your still in my prayers!

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP