Tuesday, October 13, 2009


My mom's surgery went great. She's the definition of "trooper." I am now "attempting" to sleep in a vinyl recliner that extends into a "bed" in her room. It's not all that bad but I am still wide awake as per usual. I am turning into a vampire.

It has been one heck of a stressful day starting at 6 this morning. Her pain is managed fairly well, but my God, what an incision. She is going to wish she could rent that pain pump at discharge. I am actually very thankful to be unemployed right now, because she is going to need some help for a while. Recovery is not going to be fun. She will have one drain removed after about three days and the other will stay in from 2 to 3 weeks. Pretty yucky.
Well, I guess I will get back to thrashing about in this "bed" and stare at the ceiling for a while. Before you know it, it'll be morning and I'll want to scoot over to my mom's house to get a shower before coming back.
I am just so VERY thankful today. Lots of friends and family have provided wonderful support.


Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly

I'm so glad that surgery went o.k. Please keep us posted on her recovery. You guys will be in my prayers.

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP