Thursday, October 16, 2003

yummy...

My Norwegian wool batts came in yesterday. I opened the box and squished my face into them--six pounds and six colors of the most delicious wool in the world. Now I can finish the hat commissioned from me in Nashville. Just thinking about them makes me want to go home and start felting. I like to make hats that have Merino on the inside (for next-to-the-head softness) and Gotland/Pelssau on the outside because it holds its shape and has great texture. Thanks to Jean Hicks for that better-than-gold info! I used the last of my Nashville show earnings on the wool, but it will last me a long time.

On a less-than-positive note, I think I'm going to cancel out of the November show with a guild I'm in. The membership director gave me a break initially and said that I could pay the rather steep space fee of $300 after the show because we going through such a terrible financial crisis. I thought that was wonderfully generous. Well, a couple of days ago I get this slightly snippy email from another guild officer about how the membership director shouldn't have done that and I will have to pay up front at the beginning of the show. It also reminded me of the "real" deadline on the contract which was in October.

Well, I'm not retarded. I read the contract.

I actually could pay the day of the show, but now that there's been so much attention placed on HOW I DID IT WRONG and my PATHETIC FINANCIAL SITUATION, I think I would feel like a despised step-child coming in and sneaking a check over the table after everyone else has paid. The membership director was just trying help me. I feel like they should have honored the agreement and reprimanded him, not embarass me...even if they said that this was a one-time situation and that it can never happen again for anyone. So, I wrote back and said that I was really uncomfortable with all the attention placed on me as a new member and as someone with a less than great financial situation. Basically, I was visualizing how I would feel handing over that check at the show and it I didn't think it was nice way to start out showing with the guild. I said "no thanks" this time and that I would look foward to future shows.

Maybe I'm just sensitive.

Or stubborn.

Or I'm getting better at showing myself some respect.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP