Monday, January 12, 2004

conspicuous whining...

Monday is like the worst cough syrup in the world. You close your eyes and just try not to gag until it's over. And it ain't over yet. I really wish I didn't hate my job. But you don't want to hear about that shit. Well, maybe you do, but I'm too busy gagging.

Anyhoo. Hubby got home earlier than expected last night which gave us time to talk about his trip and such. It was sooooo nice to have him home. I can't wait to see the pictures...snowmobiling in the back country, hanging in Vail...good times, good times. Without me. A-hem. Ok, I'm over it. I'm just thankful he was with another person when he tried to go to sleep in a snowbank. Of course he was NOT intoxicated at the time. A-hem. I'm just sorry I missed him sleeping with a chocolate doughnut half-eaten on his pillow. Men. I swear they'd be extinct if we didn't look out for them.

I painted some wool yarn I had laying around last night--stuff I had spun with no projects in mind. Oh wait, that's all I ever spin. No planning, just "oh, me likey dat color. oh, me thinky feel good. me buy it. me spin it and place in basket. me stare at and wonder what to do with it..." Hmmmph. Anyway, I had a lot of skeins that were either very light or natural and I painted them. Because I wanted to. Because I needed to get SOMETHING fibery done. Because I was in a fiber PANIC. I feel better know. But now I have to figure out what to do with the stuff. Hmmmmph. So now I have a commercial yarn stash and a handspun stash. What the hell is WRONG with me?

I've figured out that my husband is making me fat. Every time he's gone I lose a couple of pounds. Maybe he is teleporting his belly fat to my ass. And perhaps he can only do that within a 50-mile radius. That would explain EVERYTHING.

**And thank you everyone for all the nice birthday wishes!!! I just love y'all!**

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP