Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Well, Unexpected Knitting was in the mailbox last night. What a crazy, crazy book! This lady is nuts (in a good way). Her gallery includes handknitted teacups and saucers. If you didn't know they were knitted you wouldn't be able to tell them from the real thing at a distance. Really it's apparent that this woman, Debbie New, is a freakin' genius. I have a feeling she's really a mathmetician at heart. It's not a book of patterns, but an expanded view of knitting as fiber art. I intend to read the entire thing in a voracious manner. It's very interesting. She's so far out of the box that one of her knitted coats includes duct tape. What a weirdo. I love her immensely already.

And now for today's entertainment. From left: Sadie says "I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille." My husband took this darling shot. Next, a shot of some of my drop-spindled yarn I handpainted; swatched up in a lazy-ass seed/garter-stitch scarf. Next, our darling little Pickles reclined on the sidewalk (she's 10 1/2 now). Last, another swatch of some more drop-spindled wool and handpainted by yours truly. I don't care what anyone says, I love garter-stitch!



Lastly, I made a stash raid and found some Cascade Key Largo (pima cotton/alpaca) and have it separated out to do Kyoto. Let's all pretend that is going to happen, okay? Humor me, or else. I do own a tire iron. I have strange colors planned, as you can see in my "repaint" of the Knitty photo.

Class starts tonight. Clinical social work practice III. I wanted to take Forensic Social Work but the f*ckers wouldn't offer it in the late afternoon or evening when I have to take classes (because I work...which reminds me, it's time to go). Have a fiber-infested day everyone (that's good).

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP