Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I'll leave no fingerprints...

I have no skin left on my hands, but quite frankly, I don't care. Got a jewelry heist for me to carry out? No problem, I have no fingerprints...

Anyway, here's more felting project photos as promised (most are the main parts of bags--i.e. straps and details have not been added yet):
First, for Cari, the planned strap for honeybuns...not attached yet, but in its proposed position...the strap is a felted braid.

Next up is the wool and Bashkir Curly Horsehair bag. I was initially disappointed, but when I brushed the horsehair to get rid of as many loose hairs as possible, it began looking like fur. Whoa, cool! And no animals were harmed in the making of this bag!

Below is a simple little green bag I'm calling "Lilypads" or maybe "Monet Meets the Liliputians." It's merino with merino and hand-dyed silk accents.

The next one is my favorite...a bag I'm calling "Radioactive Jewels." It's merino with merino accents and lots of my own hand-dyed silk. I love the zip of the shiny tussah!

and the other side:

Here is an earthtone bag in merino and mixed wools...

And that, my friends, is the end of our show. Please dispose of your popcorn bags and drink cups in the proper containers...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP