Monday, May 10, 2004

thank you, you son-of-a-bitch...

No really, I mean that with all my heart. I forgot to thank the drunken creep who started ringing our doorbell at 3:45 a.m. Monday morning because he said he needed $17 to get a tow truck for his wife and "they won't take checks or debit cards."

Neither hubby or I could sleep after that. We seem to be on the National Scam Interstate Route. Last week it was a girl saying she needed to talk to 1,000 people who would rate her on her friendliness and buy from her list of magazines. I just plainly told her we'd been scammed before and I couldn't do it. She said "well, that ruins it for the rest of us." Really?

We always get the same amount requested from us ($15-$18). Is that what a little bag of
"sumpin-supmin" costs these days? It seems to be the going rate around here. Ah, the joys of living near downtown.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP