Tuesday, July 22, 2003

c'ya LJ

I think that I am really going to leave Live Journal behind. I've teetered back and forth on it for a long time, but I think I there's more flexibility with Blogger. Read the old journal, HOTBLIGGITYBLOG, here. I think I got too negative in that journal anyway...gonna try to lighten it up a bit.

I need to start working on my piece for the American Cancer Society...it's due Aug. 20 or so. It will be a cloth doll built around the theme of hope. I think I'm going to use real gemstone and pearl embellishment since the auction will be filled with hoity-toidies. I think real materials look so much better anyway--and drive the value up--especially good for a charity auction.

I manage a question and answer function on our intranet at work and got a funny question in: "A nurse told me I have hoofs for feet..what do i do?" Actually, it was misspelled worse than that, but I had fun with the answer. "Now, you know that you spell 'hoofs' like 'hooves,' right? First you need to find a good farrier to trim and shoe your hooves and we recommend a vet visit at least once a year..." I went on. Of course one person wrote in and said they were offended by my flippant posting, but about 10 others said that it made them laugh out loud and they hoped to see more. Well, I probably can't get away with that, but with some of the questions that come in, I could stay really busy.

I don't know why I'm in such a freakin' chatty mood today. I guess I'm excited to start a new blog and leave the old one behind. More later.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP