Monday, October 13, 2003

get thee back snorters of ill-will...

I went to a fabric store this weekend to get some styrofoam for one of my felting projects (and accidentally rifled through the upholstery remanants) and I wrote a check for my stuff at the check-out counter. The lady slowly rang me up and took my check and asked for a driver's license. Ok. Then she noticed that the area code on my checks was old. Now, East Tennessee has changed its area code about 3,000 times in the past few years, so I was using up the old checks I had. She says "You've got an old area code on your checks." And I said, "Yeah, I know, I'm using up the rest of my checks before I start my new box."

And she snorts at me and puts my check into the register.

Snorts.

Now she could have snorted because my checks are funny (Popyeye checks) or she could have snorted because she was a totally anal-retentive bitch, or because she thought I was an idiot for not marking out the old area code and putting in the new one.

In any case, I don't think you should SNORT at anyone unless you plan to explain yourself. I wanted to take my bag of material, build some velocity with it by swinging it above my head and give her a good hearty thwack.

Even in my worst mood, I have never snorted at a stranger or have been openly rude to someone who didn't do a lot to provoke me...especially in the workplace.

On another note, I got a lot of work done over the weekend, both studying and felting. I look forward to the day when I actually have a real weekend devoid of work and study. Sometimes I don't feel like I have anything to look forward to. But, I have to say that the scheduling idea is helping me tremendously...I am moving and getting things done. And, I am scheduling guilt-free self time which makes a big difference.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP