Thursday, December 11, 2003

no nativity scene in DC this year...

The Supreme Court has ruled that there cannot be a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. this Christmas. This isn't for any religious reason. They simply have not been able to find three wise men and a virgin in the nation's capitol. There was no problem however, finding enough asses to fill the stable.

Ha.

I am getting old. I watched part of the VH1 awards (or some awards show) and the whole rap thing just escapes me. I don't identify it as music. Maybe performance art, but not music. And I don't understand the "I am cool because I can't string a sentence together" type of persona. Is it cool to be uneducated and stupid? And I can't figure out why Pink insists on sharing her crack (of her ass, that is). I don't mind, but I live in fear that her pants will be strewn about her ankles with the next writhing move she makes. Shania Twain did a nice job singing, but she scares me. I don't usually comment on people's clothes, but apparently someone from the short bus is her stylist. She would have looked bad in the 80's.

In other news, I had one of those very lengthy nightmares last night. It was the kind of nightmare that would make Stephen King look like a children's book writer. Heads got chopped off. Brains were stolen and reinserted in other heads. Giant spiders crawled around and sprouted attacking tentacles. I think I have some heavy duty psychic conflict brewing in there. I was impressed with the storyline and art direction though. I'm giving myself an Oscar for best horror flick of 2003. Seriously, although I hate nightmares, I feel more alive and connected today than I have in the past couple of days. I think I was just emotionally constipated and my nightmare was well...the release. Hey, you have to look at the bright side.

The black hat I was working on is finished and ready to be delivered, although it is still a tad bit damp. I wish I had taken a picture of it. Crap.

Have a great day everyone.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP