Monday, December 15, 2003

post-Saddam monday...

I'm glad Saddam was captured. I think it is a momentary relief. Finally, one thing can be crossed off the list--finished...unlike many other things.

Did I felt anything this weekend? No. I couldn't quit spinning. I have spun a small mountain of yarn over the last couple of weeks. I don't even have anything in mind to knit with it...just spinning. It's relaxing. I need relaxation.

Usually by this time our Christmas tree is dwarfed by a gazillion presents under the tree and the stockings are stuffed round. This year there's not one present yet and the stockings are empty. Bummer. But, in a way, it's been good for us to be stripped of our material comforts. When we get unhappy, we don't go shopping to entertain ourselves, we talk. We used to be far too indulgent. Now we are forced to recognize what's really important: love, communication, family, friends and health. Things will get better and there will be a few presents under the tree soon, but nothing like the extravaganza of years past. But just like Whoville, Christmas will come to our home anyway, full of joy and thankfulness.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP