Tuesday, August 26, 2003

dreaming of...republicans?

I had a weird dream just before I woke up this morning. I was at my mother's house and I heard singing outside. I thought, "What the hell is that?" I parted the curtains and saw all these people dressed up and marching down the street singing some song. It wasn't Onward Christian Soldiers, but it was close to that in style. I thought they were religious fanatics at first because as they sang they pointed at people like they were saying, "Yes, YOU, need to repent." But then I saw them trampling down my yard signs for Madeline Rogero, the democratic mayoral candidate for Knoxville. Then I knew they were militant republicans. One very tall man stomped down one of the signs and I banged on the window and motioned that he'd better put it back up. He ignored me. So I ran outside in my robe and pulled the damaged signs upright. They had all but dispersed by that time, but I yelled "immature imbeciles!" at a few of them. I screamed a bunch of other stuff too, but I can't remember what I said. What a nightmare...my first political dream. YECHHK.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP