Wednesday, August 27, 2003

silver linings...

I had two things I wanted to do at lunch, get a package to the post office and pick up at veggie sandwich at Subway. On my way to my first destination, a little pick-up truck pulled out in front of me. I was going about 55 mph and slowed down a bit to let him get his speed up. Irritating. No, not really, because the next thing he did was stop DEAD in the road and wave out an 18-wheeler onto the road. Now I'm laying down rubber, honking the horn and watching the contents of my purse fly all over the car. I said some f-words...lots of 'em. And I hope he was looking in his rear-view mirror. I had to follow that human turdhead all the way to the post office. I gritted my teeth and clenched the steering wheel the whole way. But then, when I parked at the P.O. and gathered up my purse from the floor I saw something...my favorite sunglasses I thought I had lost! It made prying my hands from steering wheel a little less painful. My husband often remarks that it's a miracle there's not more people killed on the road...I second that one. I think it's a miracle anyone survives the road.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP