Friday, August 15, 2003

Gabrielle Makes A Wish

That's the name of the doll/figure. Took some pictures--click fer' biggins'. She is already gone to the American Cancer Society for bidding tomorrow night at the charity auction. Wah. She is a wishing figure...apprehensive about her circumstances, she hopes that all will be okay in the end (she even has her fingers crossed)...that's the gist of it anyway.

I finished her at 2 a.m. this morning and my right hand is cramped and my left hand is full of holes from sticking myself with sewing needles...the later it got, the more I got stuck. Once between the cuticle and the nail, once underneath the nail--and I'm surprised my fingertips aren't squirting like sprinklers. I know, I should wear a thimble, but I hate them. So there. Anyway, take a peek and I'll let you know what price she fetches.

She's an original design made of fabric, glass beads, copper wire and has dyed mohair for a wig. Her hair is about 7-8 inches long. Her face is needle-modeled and covered with another layer of cloth before facial features are added with pencil/paint/pens. Thanks Michelle, for letting me put my work out!!! Luv yooooo--you're the best!



0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP