Friday, August 22, 2003

I'm no Einstein...

I just started reading a wonderful biography of Albert Einstein...a book I have been meaning to read for a couple of years now. The book is about 860 pages long and I don't want to skim anything. So, I started this book less than a week before I start two graduate level classes with heavy reading (plus I work full-time and am working on pieces for three art shows before the first of the year). What is wrong with me? It will take me months to finish it now. Like I said, I'm no Einstein. I am in love with two Alberts: Albert Einstein and Albert Schweitzer, the latter being my very favorite.

True confessions: I broke down and ordered an egg and cheese biscuit at McD's this morning. Oops. But, what I saw when I drove up to order made me scoff. The promotional poster for the Big Mac was a teenage girl, who looked to be all of 85 pounds, holding up the giant triple-decker sandwich. She wore a big smile on her emaciated face. I guess they couldn't really put a big fat guy on the poster, but it just reminds me why I want out of advertising and marketing. Our society sends out so many ridiculous messages. It's no wonder people are so confused about themselves.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP