Saturday, August 02, 2003

how about that...

There ARE other people out there like me! I just went to my first ETACA meeting (the East Tennessee chapter of the Tennessee Association of Craft Artists--whew) and there were some really cool people there. I was tad nervous but I was surprised that I didn't fall asleep or get bored (maybe I was in the right place!). It's weird to hear people compliment "my work," because I'm just now recognizing myself as an (whispering) a-r-t-i-s-t. Still feels weird. It took me a long time to recognize myself as a (whispering) w-r-i-t-e-r, too. (Makes note to self to discuss at next therapy appointment.) So, in any case, it was a very good first experience with them and I'm excited about my first show coming up in September. Actually, I might be in three shows before Christmas. I'm still waiting to hear about the big Nashville show and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the one in October in Smithville. BAM! The to-do list just got really long. I'd better get busy. Ack, then there's the Foothills Craft Guild jurying...Ack! Ack! The Southern Highlands process is going to have to wait until next year...it's like getting into graduate school. Oh, yeah, graduate school...that starts up later this month, too. Hmm.

I finally finished plying my handspun wool/mohair and it's hanging with a weight to set the twist as we speak. When it's dry, I'll take photo for the fiber freaks. I'm too lazy to go beyond 2-ply...maybe someday I venture into more complicated structures. My first love is handspun, handpainted singles anyway.

In other news: I got a Canon Powershot 4.0 megapixel camera from my FIL for about one quarter the asking price--he is the "king of camera" on Ebay. I shouldn't have spent the money, but where else are you going to get an $800+ camera for $150? It is SWEET, as in SUH-WHEEEEEET. It's also hot as hell today...will write more later and hopefully post some pictures.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP