Tuesday, August 05, 2003

taxing situations

Here's a real pick-me-up I wrote when we got the IRS letter that took everything we had plus a whole lot more. It's not a great poem but it provided catharsis for the extreme anxiety we went through when we were trying to figure out how to pay up.

Flight of the Tax Man
My mailbox is a nightmare
And the tax man knows
Just how unwieldy my heart beats;
He is an insatiable hungry crow

He sits on the electrical wires
And waits for my mistake;
Hovers with juices in his mouth
And lusts after me like raw steak

His claws come in the mail
And I never see his beady eyes
It's his clever way
To appear in posted guise

His declaration is my final woe;
I have only empty pockets
So into my chest his dirty claws go
And away with me he flies screeching
Mocking the dead gaze of the scarecrow below.
#

I'll blow more sunshine up yer arse later.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP