Thursday, August 14, 2003

ode to a cat poo

Well, I kept smelling something this morning here at my desk that was rather unpleasant. “What IS that?” I smelled my shirt—nope, clean detergent smell. Hmm. I look at the bottom of my shoes and a nice blob of cat poo was embedded into the deeply grooved soles of my sandals. Damn. So, I went to the bathroom and removed the nasty mess and ran hot water over the sole. Like they say, make lemonade out of lemons, so I wrote a poem about it. Wanna hear it? Here it goes….

It’s more than your furry face
That I love so very much
It’s the aroma you leave
In the litter boxes you touch

Kitty, I take you everywhere I go
The hair on my favorite shirt
The poo wafting sweetly from my shoe
It’s how I assuredly know
That it’s love you try to show.

You sign the carpet
In your own special way
And I read each love note
And cherish it before I flush it away.

I thank the Lord above
That you bring me so much love
And with each piece of your poo
I find our love rekindled anew.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP