Sunday, August 03, 2003

singing, groping and hot peppers...

Well, I've never thought much about community theater, but you know, I am impressed. Hubby and I attended "Gypsy" at the Oak Ridge Playhouse, and I liked it a lot. I think it might have been senior citizens day there though; I've never seen so many people over 70 in one place. The performances were really good. Who knew such talent was to be had locally? If you put me up on stage, I would immediately shit in my pants, whimper, curl up in a ball and start talking to myself. I envy people who can get up there and perform like that.

An older couple sat next to us after intermission who were practically groping each other. I gathered from their conversation that they were on a date. They chit-chatted way too much for my liking and I was really close to giving them a reprimand, but my southern chaaa-a-a-a-m took over and I gave them one more chance to shut up. They did. Maybe it was the psycho stare I shot their way. I wonder if they made it home before they ripped each other's clothes off. It was a little gross.

Speaking of gross, after the performance hubby and I stopped for a salad bar meal at a little "we-serve-it-all" restaurant and the manager was making the rounds to the tables to ask people if their meals were ok, etc. A couple of minutes after he visited our table, my husband started laughing. He had overheard the manager remark to some other customers that he couldn't believe how many hot peppers they were eating. The customer replied, "Nah, they don't bother me." In reply to that the manager said, "Well, if they don't getcha' on the way in, they'll getcha' on the way out."

What a classy guy.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP