Monday, August 18, 2003

I'd rather be...

I am drinking my coffee out of a cup that says "I'd rather be knitting." I got it at Knitty. Truth be known, I need a cup for work that says "I'd rather be doing ANYTHING else"...ok, maybe not cleaning toilets, but *whine*.....*whimper*.....Mondays just suck out loud.

I start fall semester next week. I'll be taking a class on group therapy and intervention and another class on psychopathology. Both of those should hold my interest quite well. It's so hard being an older student in a sea of flitty "ohmygods!" and sorority 90-pounders running around on their cell phones all wearing the same clothes. They all have brand new SUVs, BMWs and some even have Mercedes. You know what I had to drive when I started college? Even I have to laugh--a mustardy-orange Pinto stationwagon with a black vinyl interior, complete with an 8-track player (I did take that out). I think it was a 1973 model. We called it the orange pumpkin. Then the last year of school I got a VW GTI in which I got about 100 tickets and eventually had to go to driving school and be yelled at by a State Trooper who, I swear, was 7 feet tall. He was the missing link. I had a lead foot back then--and really big hair. Age mellows you out--thank God.

More later, I have a publication to do...blerch.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP